Some Useful AddOns for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird
Here is a list of some AddOns for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird that I consider useful.
AddOns for Mozilla Firefox
Vital and Unobtrusive
Everyone should use these.
- Privacy Badger — Protects your privacy by blocking spying ads and invisible trackers.
- uBlock Origin — an efficient blocker
- Decentraleyes — Protects you against tracking through "free", centralized, content delivery
- Bookmark search plus 2 — Displays and filters bookmarks on search string, show parent folders.
Tracking and Script Blockers
These may interfer with your browsing experience and require tweaking.
- HTTPS Everywhere — enabling HTTPS encryption automatically on sites that are known to support it
- NoScript — Allow active content to run only from sites you trust
- Referer Control — Control the HTTP Referer on a per-site basis
You may not need these.
- Awesome RSS — Puts an RSS/Atom subscribe button back in URL bar
- HTTP Header Live — Displays the HTTP header
- LastPass Password Manager — saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device
AddOns for Mozilla Thunderbird
Convenience for Everyone
I deem these useful for every serious Thunderbird user.
- AttachmentExtractor — Extracts all attachments from selected messages and then can delete, detach or mark-read
- Clean Subject — cleans the subject from multiple occurrences of subject prefixes such as ("Re: Re-2: Re:")
- ImportExportTools — Adds some tools to import and export folders and messages
- Manually sort folders — allows to manually sort (order) folders and accounts
- Theme Font & Size Changer — change the global font size and font family used for the user interface [yes, works in Thunderbird]
- ThunderPlunger — provides a few new ways to keep Thunderbird clean [may not work with newer versions]
Calendar functions in Thunderbird
- Lightning — Organize your schedule and life's important events in a calendar that's fully integrated with your Thunderbird email
- Year View — Year view for calendar
- Enigmail — OpenPGP message encryption and authentication
Plain Text Tools
Useful if you like plain text emails and keep HTML switched off most of the time.
- Allow HTML Temp — allows to have HTML temporarily allowed in the currently displayed message by only one click
- Toggle Word Wrap — Toggle word wrapping and PRE element wrapping in the message composition and HTML display windows
Personalised Mass Emails and Newsletters
- Mail Merge — Mass Mail and Personal Mail